Ashoka Young India Fellowship 2024: What is Young India Fellowship? Young India Fellowship (YIF) is an initiative of Ashoka University to provide financial assistance to bright and talented individuals. The fellowship promotes various disciplines such as applied and natural sciences, social sciences, humanities and more.
Graduate, Post Graduate students and Research Fellows can also find more fellowship articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
Ashoka University Young India Fellowship Alumni 2024 has also become the flagship program of the university, providing world-class Education at a very low cost in India. Furthermore, admissions are based on merit as well as need and financial condition of the candidate’s family. Read on to know about Young India Fellowship Ashoka University.
Young India Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered eligible for the fellowship:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any discipline from a recognized institute
- Strong academic track record
- Full participation in extracurricular activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Comment: The total slots available for the fellowship are 300.
Young India Fellowship Dates
|Selection Process – Round 1|
|Last date for submission of application||27 November 2023|
|Final offer to selected candidates||February 2024|
|Selection Process – Round 2|
|applications open||November December|
|Last date for submission of application||4 March 2024|
|Interview||Mid-March to mid-April 2024|
|Final offer to selected candidates||April-May 2024|
|Selection Process – Round 3|
|applications open||January February|
|Last date for submission of application||March April|
|Final offer to selected candidates||may June|
|Offer for waitlisted candidates||June July|
Those who could not apply in Round 1 can submit their applications in this Round 2.
YIF Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Tuition expenses for lectures and workshops
- resident cost
- Cost of reading and course materials, library membership and shared textbooks
Young India Fellowship amount
Successful candidates can avail of a 25% discount on their tuition fees up to a full scholarship including tuition fees and residence costs. Depending on the financial background and requirement of the candidates, they may be awarded one of the following:
|TO PERCENTAGE||amount provided|
|Merit Scholarship on Tuition||Rs 50,000|
|25% scholarship on tuition||Rs 178,750|
|50% scholarship on tuition||INR 357,500|
|75% scholarship on tuition||INR 536,250|
|full scholarship on tuition||INR 715,000|
|full scholarship||INR 900,000|
The scholarship also offsets the cost of course materials, library membership, and textbooks.
Young India Fellowship Application Process – How to get Young India Fellowship?
Young India Fellowship login process is as follows:
- Candidates have to register a new account on the Ashoka University portal and fill all the required details.
- Login with new credentials and upload relevant documents and details.
- Submit application and wait for response from Young India Fellowship Scholarship.
- If the candidate is shortlisted, they have to download a copy of the Financial Aid Form and submit it along with other prescribed documents within the deadline.
Comment: Mode of application is online only – Any prescribed document not shared may result in rejection of the application.
Young India Fellowship Fee
The average cost of the program per fellow includes tuition fee which is Rs 5,50,000 and hostel fee which is Rs 1,50,000/- and an additional Rs 75,000 as food cost.
Young India Fellowship Selection Process
The selection process involves shortlisting the candidates in 3 consecutive stages:
- Application Evaluation and Testing – Step 1
- Young India Fellowship Candidates’ applications are thoroughly scrutinized and scrutinized by a committee of faculty members and officers. Candidates’ academic performance and extra-curricular activities are evaluated.
- Telephonic Interview – Step 2
- Selected candidates will be informed through email about telephonic interview. The interview can usually last about 20 minutes. The discussion may revolve around the areas of interest of the candidate and the information mentioned in the application form.
- Comprehension Test and a Personal Interview – Step 3
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for a Comprehension Test followed by a Personal Interview. Comprehension Test is designed to analyze the comprehension, critical thinking and expression skills of the candidate.
- Interview can be conducted in Bangalore, Kolkata, Mumbai and Delhi. International candidates will have the option to attend a Skype interview.
Documents required for Young India Fellowship
Candidates are required to ensure that the following documents are easily available during the application process/document verification process. Also note: Documents need to be converted to PDF and the resolution must be 200 dpi. Candidates can also attach a zip file not larger than 2 MB containing all the prescribed documents.
- IT return for the financial years 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 of the candidate’s family.
- Salary details of last 3 months for salaried family members
- Details of financial assets (movable/immovable assets)
- Form 26AS (for businesses/professionals)
- loan details
- If the candidates want to avail Haryana resident benefits, they have to obtain Haryana Domicile Certificate.
Young India Fellowship Contact Details
In case of any other queries related to YIF, its eligibility, application process, awards and more, students are free to contact the fellowship providers on the contact details given below.
Address: Plot No. 2, Rajiv Gandhi Education City,
National Capital Region Porai,
Sonipat Haryana-131029 (India)
E-mail, [email protected]
FAQs on Young India Fellowship 2024
How to apply for Young India Fellowship?
Interested candidates have to visit the official site of Ashoka University https://apply.ashoka.edu.in/login-common.aspx and click on New Registration. Fill the required details and submit the application.
When is the application deadline?
The last date for submission of applications is 27 November 2023.