Naropa Fellowship 2024: Naropa Fellowship is a residential, postgraduate program that strives to create and create change towards development and an ecosystem of entrepreneurship in Ladakh and the Himalayan region. It is offered by the Naropa Fellowship Programme.
Graduate, Post Graduate students and Research Fellows can also find more fellowship articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
The Naropa Fellowship focuses not only on retaining local talent but also on developing entrepreneurial skills that can help foster a healthy socio-economic environment. Furthermore, the fellowship also aims to address the serious issue of unemployment and poverty. The total duration of the program is one year
Naropa Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are considered eligible if they fulfill the following criteria:
- Open to working professionals and students from India, Nepal and Bhutan. Preference will be given to candidates from Ladakh and Himalayan regions.
- It is also open to candidates from other fields who are interested in cultural conservation, tourism, entrepreneurship and ecological issues.
- Candidates must have completed Graduation in any discipline.
- Extra-curricular activities and strong academic record are preferred
- A sense of commitment and vision towards the growth and development of Ladakh and Himalayan regions.
Naropa Fellowship Benefits
Fellows are entitled to the following benefits:
- tuition fee waiver
- hostel accommodation
Naropa Fellowship Application Process and Selection Criteria
- Interested candidates have to visit the official website of Naropa
- register https://naropafellowship.org/home/registration?/home/registration
- Fill required details
- On submission of details, candidates will receive an application ID on their registered email.
- Use the Application ID to login and fill the application form.
- Attach the prescribed documents and submit the form.
- Candidates have to download the application form from here https://naropafellowship.org/apply.html
- Fill the relevant details and attach the prescribed documents
- Send the filled application form to the address given below
Naropa Fellowship Program
Sri Aurobindo Center for Arts and Communication,
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
Adchini, New Delhi-110017
Naropa Fellowship Selection Criteria
- Candidates will be called for face to face interview at Leh, Hemis or New Delhi. In select cases, a Skype or telephonic interview will be conducted.
- Fellowships are awarded on the basis of merit as well as the financial needs of the candidate.
Naropa Fellowship Dates and Timeline
|The application window opens||1 February 2021|
|Application window closes||31 March 2021|
|last date of interview||15 March 2020|
|Result/Proposal||31 March 2020|
|The application window opens||1 April 2021|
|Application window closes||30 May 2021|
|last date of interview||15 May 2020|
|Result/Proposal||31 May 2020|
|The application window opens||1 June 2021|
|Application window closes||31 July 2021|
|last date of interview||20 July 2020|
|Result/Proposal||31 July 2020|
Comment: The Round 4 window is closed until this article is published.
FAQs on Naropa Fellowship 2024
What is the official website of Naropa Fellowship?
Candidates can find more information about the fellowship at https://naropafellowship.org/.
What benefits are offered to Fellows?
Fellows will receive the following benefits:
- Naropa Fellowship Fee Waiver
- State-of-the-art hostel accommodation with solar powered centralized heating.
- Food – three times a day.