Social Science Syllabus: The scientific study of mankind is called social science. It is a scientific field that studies socio-cultural elements of human behavior. We all need to understand the society and its development as well as the current political situation of the country. All this comes under social science.
Most of us enroll in professional courses with the assumption that by working in the field, we will learn everything there is to know. However, you will only be able to learn about the professional world. However, taking social science courses will enable you to understand the psychological, political, and sociological changes that have occurred in humans. Check the following section to know useful information like various online best social science courses, eligibility, benefits, career scope, jobs, salary, admission process etc.
Know more about other types of course details stream wise and category wise.
Social science is a major category of academic discipline that studies human behavior and social interactions. Specializations in social sciences include political science, psychology, history, economics, sociology, anthropology, linguistics, etc.
There are a lot of colleges/universities all over India that are offering these courses. They will conduct the entrance test/merit list for taking admission in college courses. Interested students can pursue Diploma/UG/PG/Doctoral courses in Social Sciences with minimal fees. Candidates who complete the course will get better job options as Social Worker/Economist with salary up to Rs 2.5 lakh per annum.
List of Free Social Science Courses Online
Social science is a field of science that deals with the study of societies and human-society interaction. The subjects covered in this course include anthropology, archeology and political science.
- diploma course
- UG course
- BA English Literature Course
- PG course
- Master’s Degree in Finance
- Master’s Degree in Economics
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Sociology
- Master’s Degree in International Relations
- MA Political Science Course
- PhD course
- PhD in Political Science
- PhD in Psychology or PhD in Clinical Psychology
Benefits of Social Science Courses
One of the primary academic subjects is social sciences. In this study, students learn how history, art, music, religion and culture have shaped the modern world. Humanities are concerned with art, music and literature, while social sciences are concerned with anthropology, archeology and politics. That is why, despite their differences, both streams are often studied together because they complement each other.
The scope of social studies is as broad and diverse as the world and as long as human history. “The breadth of the social studies curriculum should include a diversity of experiences so that the child’s Education is well-rounded and balanced,” explains Michaelis.
The following are important points:
- As big as the entire world. It spans the entire world and is as long as it is wide. It is the study of human interactions between areas such as
- People of your own nationality as well as people from other countries.
- People and various types of organizations
- People and environment.
- time and people
- Resources and people.
- The study of natural and physical sciences as well as fine arts.
- Problem-solving, information processing, and effective social writing are all skills that can be learned.
- intercultural understanding
- critical and creative thinking
- Skills in Social Research
- Social issues and concerns are identified and analyzed
- Ability to intervene positively
Each course has different eligibility conditions that a candidate must fulfill to be eligible to take the course, and the Social Sciences course includes the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidate must have completed 10+2 in required stream from a renowned board.
- He must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks.
Candidates with a graduate diploma after one year of study are also eligible to apply for this program.
for postgraduate students
- The candidate must have a degree in the relevant field from a renowned university.
- He must have minimum aggregate of 50%.
Here is the fee structure for various best Diploma/Undergraduate/Masters/Doctoral courses in Social Sciences. You can check the fees of both government and private colleges.
|undergraduate||7.28 K- 22.94 Lakh||6.19 thousand – 1.20 lakh|
|2.05 K-2.18 Lakh|
|doctorate||1.50 lakh-3.60 lakh||30.00K-47.03K|
|Diploma||15.00 K- 28.90 K||15.15 K- 25.21 K|
The list of best social science courses is as follows.
- Columbia University
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Yale University
- Stanford University
- University of Chicago
- University of Pennsylvania
- California Institute of Technology
Students who graduate in class 12th with a good 50% grade point average are able to enroll in any science related course. Science (PCB, PCM and PCMB) should be taken as a primary subject in class 12 for all. Students also must take an entrance examination, which they must pass in order to continue. Depending on the type of science course, the entrance exam may vary. NEET is the entrance exam for medical science courses.
To enter science, students have to appear for several entrance examinations. Course after 12th class. For admission to engineering programmes, many institutes prefer the JEE exam, while for admission to medical courses, many prefer the NEET exam.
Process to apply:
- Visit the official website of the college or university.
- Submit your application for the entrance exam within the deadline.
- Download the admit card and carry it with you to the entrance examination.
- Students who qualify the exam will have to fill and submit an application form.
- You will be issued the admit card once the document verification process is completed.
After graduating with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in social sciences, a student will have many job opportunities in the subject. Students may get the opportunity to become anthropologists, economists or content editors. After graduation, they can focus on earning a master’s degree.
Because applicants will get a chance to study abroad and then get job offers in the field of social work. Due to their wide scope in the field of social work and working in NGOs abroad you can get admission in United Nations.
You will be able to help your country better understand people’s concerns and their attitudes towards society by enrolling in social science studies.
Careers in the humanities and social sciences are generally not considered a great way to advance your career. This is because this stream is only for intellectually disabled students. This is far from the reality as there are many job options available for humanities and social science students right now.
After completing a course, placements and recruitment companies play an important role in the future development of a student. Most of the organizations determine the job profile based on the field of study of the student.
The study of social sciences has a wide range of applications as it enables students to gain a better understanding of society and individuals as well as their interdependence. When it comes to work prospects, there are vacancies in both public and private sectors.
|Types of Social Science Jobs||average salary per year|
|Social Worker||INR 2,50,000|
|instructional designer||INR 4,30,000|
1. What are the five major social science subjects?
The main social sciences are cultural (or social) anthropology, sociology, psychology, political science, and economics.
2. What are the requirements for an MA in Sociology?
Candidate must have completed BA/BA (Hons) in Sociology or BA in related subject from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks.
3. Is it possible to get a job after completing BA in History?
Students can look for jobs, however, it is recommended that they continue their studies as history is mostly a theoretical subject. Higher Education allows one to find the degree they want to specialize in and as a result pursue it as a profession.
4. What steps do I need to take to become a social scientist?
A job as a social scientist requires a master’s degree or higher in a social science discipline such as geography, economics, history, political science, or anthropology. Their professional work includes the study of human behavior and culture, and they are sometimes known as anthropologists.
5. What are the major components of social studies?
There are four major parts of social studies. They are history, geography, political science (a field of study), and economics.
We hope this article has answered all your questions about social science courses. You can reach us through the comments section to clarify your doubts. Also, visit our website NcertBooks.guru for more information about other courses.