Ramanujan Fellowship 2023-2024: Ramanujan Fellowship (Science and Engineering Research Board) is an initiative of the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) under the Department of Technological Sciences, Government of India. The Ramanujan Fellowship for Postdocs aims to provide research positions in India to brilliant Indian and foreign scientists.
Graduate, Post Graduate students and Research Fellows can also find more fellowship articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
DST Ramanujan Fellowship is very selective and scientifically specific in terms of selection criteria. Scientists get the opportunity to work in any scientific institute and university of the country. Fellowships cover all areas of science, with a maximum total duration of five years. Read further to know about SERB Ramanujan Fellowship Scheme, Selection Process, Eligibility Criteria and Ramanujan Fellowship Amount, Srinivasa Ramanujan Fellowship.
Ramanujan Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must satisfy the following rules and criteria to be considered eligible for the scholarship:
- This fellowship is applicable to foreigners and Indian scientists working on ships
- For Ramanujan Fellowship, the age limit of scientists should be less than 40 years.
- Candidates must have PhD in Science or Engineering, MD in Medicine, Master in Engineering
- Candidates should also have professional experience
- Candidates who have an excellent track record and have made an impact through their research publications will be given special preference
- The candidate should not hold any permanent or contractual post in any Indian University or Institution.
Ramanujan Fellowship Dates
Nominations for the Ramanujan Fellowship are accepted throughout the year.
Ramanujan Fellowship Salary
- The amount of fellowship awarded will be Rs 135,000 per month including HRA.
- Selected fellows will also receive a research grant of Rs 700,00 per year and Rs 60,000 as overhead charges.
- The maximum duration of the fellowship is five years. This will not be taken forward under any circumstances.
Ramanujan Fellowship Application and Selection Process
- Scientists can choose to work in any science and technology institute (universities, educational institutions and national laboratories in India).
- However, the institution must be prepared to provide the necessary infrastructure to facilitate research
- Please note: Nominations from the candidate’s PhD guide or the institution where the candidate has studied will not be considered.
- Scientists should individually approach the institutions of their choice for fellowship and the host institution should forward their nominations to the Science and Engineering Research Board.
- Nomination should be sent only through the head or authorized personnel of that particular institution
Ramanujan Fellowship Contact Details
Address: Science and Engineering Research Board
5 and 5A, Lower Ground Floor
Vasant Square Mall
New Delhi 110070
contact number: +9111400000398
FAQs on Ramanujan Fellowship 2024
How to apply for Ramanujan Fellowship?
Interested candidates have to visit the institute of their choice and the Head of the institute has to send the nomination of the candidate to SERB (Science and Engineering Research Board) online portal: http://serb.gov.in/home.php,
However, please note that institutions from which the candidate has obtained his PhD will not be considered for enrolment.
When is the application deadline?
Nominations for the fellowship are accepted throughout the year.
Is the grant received under Ramanujan Fellowship taxable?
Yes, the grant received under Ramanujan Fellowship is taxable as per IT rules.
Who is Ramanujan Fellowship for or what is the objective of starting Ramanujan Fellowship?
Ramanujan Fellowship is for talented Indian scientists and engineers from around the world who wish to take up scientific positions in India and who wish to return to India from abroad. The fellowship is scientist-specific and very selective.