Ramalingaswamy Re-Entry Fellowship 2024: Ramalingaswamy Re-Entry Fellowship is an initiative of the Department of Biotechnology, under the purview of the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. The objective of the fellowship is to provide a research platform for highly skilled Indian researchers working abroad in various fields of biotechnology, life sciences and allied sciences.
Graduate, Post Graduate students and Research Fellows can also find more fellowship articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
Also known as the Ramalingaswamy Re-Entry Fellowship, fellows will be able to work in any universities and scientific institutions across India. Fellows will also be eligible for regular research grants and various other benefits under the Ramalingaswamy Re-Entry Fellowship. Candidates can access the official website Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship,
Ramalingaswamy Re-Entry Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
If the following criteria are fulfilled, the candidate will be considered eligible
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen working abroad in biotechnology, bioengineering, life sciences, health care, veterinary sciences, agriculture and other allied fields.
- Candidates must have PhD or its equivalent degree with exceptional track record.
- The candidate must also have at least three years of experience after being awarded the PhD. Their two years’ experience should be from a foreign research facility/laboratory.
- Candidates age should not be more than 45 years as on the last date of application.
Ramalingaswamy Re-Entry Fellowship Application Process
Interested candidates can apply for the scholarship as follows:
- Click here To download the application form.
- Submit one soft copy (PDF format) and one hard copy to the email ID and address given below. To ensure that both online and offline copies of the application are duly filled.
Dr. Kakali Dev Dasgupta, Scientist-E
Department of Biotechnology
Block-2, 7th Floor
CGO Complex, Lodhi Road
E-mail: [email protected],
Also, applicants must send completely filled application form and softcopies of documents [email protected]
Documents Required for Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship
- Hardcopies of two letters of recommendation
- Detailed research proposal of approximately 3-4 pages
- Significant research contribution is made by the candidate in his/her work (not more than 5 pages)
- List of 5 best research papers including their reprints
Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship Benefits and Nature of Assistance
Selected Fellows will receive the following benefits
- Consolidated remuneration of Rs 1,00,000 per month
- HRA 18,500 per month. However, if the Fellow gets accommodation from the host institution, HRA is not applicable.
- Contingency/research grant of Rs 10 lakh for first and second year
- Contingency/research grant of Rs 7.50 lakh for 3rd and 4th year
- Rs 5.00 lakh contingency/research grant for 5th year
- Medical benefits, Leave Travel Allowance, Transport Allowance and various other benefits as per Government of India norms.
Comment: The fellowship amount is taxable as per Government of India norms.
FAQs on Ramalingaswami Re-Entry Fellowship
What is the official website to access Ramalingaswamy Re-Entry Fellowship Application Form?
Candidates can access the official website Ramalingaswamy Re-Entry Fellowship site.
What are the selection criteria for the fellowship?
The primary criteria is that the candidate should be an Indian citizen working abroad in biotechnology, bioengineering, life sciences, health care, veterinary sciences, agriculture and various other allied fields.