NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English The Honeysuckle Chapter 3 The Reward of the Tarot is part of the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English. Here we have given NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English The Honeysuckle Chapter 3 The Bounty of the Tarot.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Honeysuckle Chapter 3 The Bounty of the Tarot
working with text
A. Answer the following questions.
Why did Taro run downstream? (5)
Taro ran in the direction of the stream because he heard the sound of falling water. Before this he had neither heard nor seen any water stream nearby; So he ran to see what it was.
How did Taro’s father express his happiness after drinking sake? (7)
Taro’s father stopped trembling and did a little dance in the middle of the floor. In this way he expressed his happiness.
Why did the spring give water to Taro Sake and others? (12)
The waterfall gave sake to Taro because he was a considerate son. This was the reward for taking care of his old parents. Since no one else had that quality, they got only cold water.
Why did the villagers want to drown the stars? (10,11)
The villagers wanted to drown Taro because they felt that Taro had betrayed them. Taro had told them that the waterfall had served sake. They were getting cold water.
Why did the king reward Taro? (13)
The Emperor rewarded Taro for being so good and kind to his parents. This was the emperor’s way of encouraging all children to respect and obey their parents.
B. Mark the correct item.
Tarot made very little money because
- He didn’t work hard enough.
- The villagers did not need wood.
- The price of wood was very low.
3. The price of wood was very low.
Taro decided to earn extra money
- To live a more comfortable life.
- To buy some sake for his old father.
- To repair cracks in the hut.
2. To make some sake for your old father.
The neighbor quickly left Taro’s hut because
- She was pleased with the drink.
- She was surprised to hear Taro’s story.
- She wanted to tell the entire village about the waterfall.
3. She wanted to tell the whole village about the waterfall.
working with language
Cross out the words that do not fit in the box below. Taro wanted to give his aging parents everything they needed. This shows that he was…..
“It made Tarot even sadder than before.” ‘this’ refers to
- Strong wind started blowing.
- Taro’s father’s old age.
- Taro’s inability to buy expensive sake for his father. (Mark the correct item.)
3. Taro’s inability to buy expensive sake for his father.
“This, the emperor said, was to encourage all children to respect and obey their parents.” “it refers
- The most beautiful fountain of the city.
- Tarot was rewarded with gold and gave his name to the fountain.
- Calling Taro to hear his story. (Mark the correct item.)
2. Rewarding Tarot with gold and giving his name to the fountain.
C. Arrange the words below into rhyming pairs.
young – lung
money – sunny
Fill in the blanks with the words in the box.
A , (I) ___________ the woodcutter lived at ___________ (ii) ___________ hill. He was a ___________ (iii) ___________ son who worked ___________ (iv) ___________ but earned ___________ (v) ___________ Wealth. One day he saw a ___________ (vi) ___________The waterfall is hidden behind a rock. He tasted the water and found it ___________ (vii) ,
(iv) Very difficult
Find these sentences in the story and fill in the blanks.
1. Tarot was made from it (I) ___________ more than ever. (3)
2. He decided to work (ii) ___________ than before. (3)
3. Next morning. Taro jumped out of bed (iii) ___________ than usual. (4)
4. He also started biting (iv) , (4)
5. The next morning, Taro also left for work (v) ___________ than last morning. (10)
(ii) and louder
speaking and writing
Say the following sentences clearly but as quickly as possible. Learn them by heart.
- If one woodchuck breaks wood then how much wood will one woodchuck break?
- Betty bought some butter, but some of the butter was bitter so she bought some better butter to make the bitter butter better.
No reply required.
The story ‘Tarot’s Reward’ shows that Tarot is thoughtful, hard-working and also intelligent. Read aloud the parts of the story that reflect these qualities in the Tarot.
No reply required. Please try yourself.
- Like Patrick in the story ‘Who Did Patrick’s Homework’, Tarot gets help from magic. Do you believe in magic. What magical things happen in these stories?
- Which story do you like more and why? Do you know such stories in other languages? Discuss these questions in class.
- I don’t believe in magic. In the first story, it is an elf who helps Patrick do his homework. In the second story, it is the magical spring that helps Taro fulfill his father’s wish.
- I like the story of Tarot more because it teaches us how to help our parents. There are such stories in every language. For example, Sanskrit has Ramayana and Mahabharata which are full of such stories. In Ramayana, Lord Hanuman not only crosses the ocean but also enters Lanka in the form of a mosquito.
Now compare these two stories and write a paragraph or two about them.
There is a touch of magic in both the stories. In the first story, the elf does Patrick’s homework. In the second story the magical waterfall gives Taro Sake. However, the first story is more credible because there the elf is only a symbol. This helps Patrick do his homework. Actually it is Patrick’s hard work that makes him an ideal child. The element of magic is more evident in the second story. The waterfall provides water to everyone and the stars for sake.
Listen to these children. What are they talking about ?
Children are talking about their difficulties.
Work in groups. Create some consensus on each of the activities below. Decide which one is most interesting, most boring, most dangerous, safest, most rewarding, most exciting.
Most interesting: Reading, watching TV, stamp collecting, listening to music, dancing
The dullest: knitting, cooking, learning languages
most dangerous : swimming, mountaineering
the safest : Walking
Most Profitable: fishing, sewing, painting
Most exciting: playing football
(Different answers to this question are possible depending on personal interest.)
Your teacher will say the words below. Next to each, write two new matching words.
- Bed ___________ ___________
- wax ___________ ___________
- Fast ___________ ___________
- Cutting ___________ ___________
- Youth ___________ ___________
- Bed Red Mercury
- wax Axe fax
- Fast Last Caste
- Cutting drop Shop
- Youth Tongue bar
We hope NCERT Solutions Class 6 English Honeysuckle Chapter 3 Tarot’s Bounty will help you. If you have any questions about NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Honeysuckle Chapter 3 Tarot’s Reward, drop a comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.