LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: The LAMP Fellowship, short for Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament (LAMP) Fellowship, is a program that provides students the opportunity to learn about lawmaking and public policy. LAMP Fellows are directly mentored by an MP (Member of Parliament).
Graduate, Post Graduate students and Research Fellows can also find more fellowship articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
Selected candidates will work full-time with MPs, assisting them with research assistance, drafting material for Zero Hour debates, drafting parliamentary questions and raising matters of public importance. The tenure of the fellowship usually starts from the monsoon season till the end of the budget session.
LAMP Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
The following are the minimum criteria required to be considered eligible under this scholarship.
- Candidates age should not be more than 25 years
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in any academic discipline
- Candidates must be Indian citizens
LAMP Fellowship Dates
The application window for the year 2023-24 is over. The last date for LAMP Fellowship was 26 January 2020). The next application window is expected to start from January (tentative). The fellowship begins in mid-June each year and ends in the following April–May (subject to the parliamentary calendar).
LAMP Fellowship Stipend
- Stipend of Rs 20,000 per month for fellowship course
- Opportunity to become Legislative Assistant to a sitting Member of Parliament
- An opportunity to learn public policy and law-making.
LAMP Fellowship Application Process 2024
Follow the following steps to apply for PRS LAMP Fellowship Application Form
- LAMP applications 2023-2024 close on 29 December 2022.
- The application process will be done in online mode only.
- Along with the application form, the candidate must also submit a Statement of Intent and an Analysis Essay of 500 words each.
- The statement of intent should be able to explain your candidature and why you consider yourself suitable for the fellowship.
- The essay should include an in-depth analysis of a policy or law.
LAMP Fellowship Selection Process
- Interested candidates will initially have to submit two essays of 500 words each. After this the candidate’s application will be scrutinized.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to attend the interview conducted by PRS before being selected by PRS.
FAQs on LAMP Fellowship 2024
What is LAMP Fellowship?
Interested candidates need to visit https://prsindia.org/lamp to access the application form.
When is the last date to apply?
The application window is closed for 2023-2024.