Junior Research Fellowship 2023-2024: What is Junior Research Fellowship? Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) is sponsored by the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR). This scholarship is applicable to candidates enrolled for PhD in Historical Studies from recognized universities.
Graduate, Post Graduate students and Research Fellows can also find more fellowship articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
CSIR Junior Research Fellowship India is awarded after qualifying the preliminary written examination and interview-cum-presentation. The fellowship provides an amount of up to Rs 17,600 per month for a total period of two years. Apart from this, contingency grant will also be provided along with other benefits. Read on to know the details and application process of this fellowship, meaning of Junior Research Fellowship.
Junior Research Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- To be considered eligible, candidates must be registered at a recognized university for a PhD in Historical Studies.
- Category-wise reservation (ST/SC students) will be applicable as per government norms and regulations.
- Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course.
- The age limit for admission to the eligibility test is 28 years (relaxation in upper age limit up to 5 years in case of SC/ST, Physically Handicapped (PH) and female candidates, 3 years in case of OBC category Is.
Junior Research Fellowship Date 2024
- The application process will start from Friday, October 6, 2023.
- Applications should be submitted through the website by 5.00 pm on Monday, 6 November 2023. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Two references should be submitted through the website by 5.00 pm on Monday, 13 November 2023.
- Candidates who are selected to send samples of written work must do so by midnight on Sunday, January 7, 2024.
- Candidates will not be interviewed for Clare College
- The elections will be held after the week commencing 18 March 2024.
- The successful candidate will enter their fellowship on 1 October 2024.
Junior Research Fellowship Award
- Selected fellows will be provided a fellowship of Rs 17,600 per month for two years
- They will also get a contingency grant of Rs 16,500 per year for two years
How to get Junior Research Fellowship?
Junior Research Fellowship Application Process:
- Interested candidates need to meet the official of ICHR http://icr.examadmitcard.co.in/RegistrationClosed.aspx,
- Select “JRF” (Junior Research Fellowship UGC) in the application section.
- Select the respective examination centre.
- Upload a recent photograph and signature.
- Submit the application form.
Comment: The application window is currently closed. It will reopen in November 2020 (tentative)
Also, candidates have to send the signed copy of educational qualification, date of birth, experience copies and checklist along with the hardcopy of the application form by post. Don’t forget to self-attest the documents before sending them.
Indian Council of Historical Research
No. 35 – Ferozshah Road
New Delhi: 110001
Candidates will also have to pay an application fee of Rs 500 in the form of demand draft along with the above documents.
Junior Research Fellowship Selection Process
The selection process for Junior Research Fellowship consists of a written examination and an interview-cum-presentation. A total of 80 fellowships are offered by the department.
Online Exam: Preliminary – 100 Marks
- The exam is conducted online and will consist of 100 objective type questions.
- Each correct answer will carry 1 mark. there will be no negative marks
- Candidates have to select their area of specialization (Ancient/Medieval/or Modern India) while filling the JRF application form.
Interview-cum-Presentation: Mains – 60 Marks
- Shortlisted candidates in preliminary examination will be called for interview and presentation
- The candidate must prepare a presentation approximately 8 to 10 minutes long (MS PowerPoint preferred)
- There will be an interview after the presentation
- Total marks for Interview and Presentation will be 60
Documents required for Junior Research Fellowship
Candidates must ensure that the following documents are easily available while filling the application or for document verification.
- Marks Card – Class 10 and 12
- Category Certificate – SC/ST etc. (if applicable)
- PHD. registration certificate
- research summary
- last published paper
- Take print out of application form
- UGC-NET Certificate (wherever applicable)
Junior Research Fellowship Salary
The national average salary for a Junior Research Fellow in India is ₹3,62,449.
FAQs on Junior Research Fellowship
How to Apply for ICHR Junior Research Fellowship?
Interested candidates must visit ICHR official website http://icr.examadmitcard.co.in/RegistrationClosed.aspx to apply for the fellowship.
When is the last date to apply?
The last date to apply is 6 November 2023.