INSA Fellowship: INSA Fellowship comes under the purview of the Indian National Science Academy. The primary objective of the INSA Visiting Scientist Program is to recognize the work of scientists and provide necessary support to pursue research. Moreover, serving faculty in universities are also eligible for the scholarship.
Graduate, Post Graduate students and Research Fellows can also find more fellowship articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
INSA or the Indian National Science Academy was formed in 1935 with the aim of promoting science in India. Today, INSA offers fellowships to talented and brilliant individuals from various fields of science to support their scientific work. Read on to know the eligibility criteria, selection process, benefits and more on INSA Summer Fellowship. download INSA Fellowship Application Form PDF from here.
INSA Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are considered eligible if they fulfill any one of the following criteria:
- Candidates should be a scientist in any Research & Development Organization
- Candidates can also work as facilities in affiliated universities or colleges in India.
Comment: Persons who have availed INSA Visiting Scientist Program in the previous year are not eligible.
INSA Fellowship Benefits
Selected Fellows will be awarded a consolidated amount of Rs 30,000 per month to cover their expenses related to accommodation, food and travel. The total duration of the fellowship ranges from 30 days to six months (depending on the nature of work).
INSA Fellowship Application Process and Selection Criteria
- Interested candidates have to download the application form http://www.insaindia.res.in/
- Fill required details
- Attach prescribed documents with application
- Send Application (Two Sets) Here
Deputy Executive Director-I (Scientific)
Indian National Science Academy
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
- Candidates must ensure that the applications are received at the above address on or before 31st January of the year of selection.
INSA Fellowship Selection Criteria and Results
- Candidates’ applications will be reviewed and examined by the Science Promotion Committee, to be scheduled during March/April (tentative) next year.
- The total fellowship awarded will be limited to a maximum of 120 man-months per year.
- The decision of the Academy will be final
INSA Fellowship Dates
Next application window: January 2024.
Documents Required for INSA Fellowship
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- Detailed description of study/work plan..
FAQs on INSA Fellowship
What is the official website of INSA?
The official website can be seen at http://insaindia.res.in/.
What is the stipend amount given to the scholars?
The selected fellows will be awarded an amount of Rs 30,000 per month.