IIHS Fellowship 2024: IIHS Fellowship Program is an initiative of the Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS). This program offers Urban Fellows Program (UFP) to bachelor degree holders. UFP is a scholarship-based full-time, inter-disciplinary and residential fellowship conducted for 10 months. This fellowship is based at IIHS City Campus Bengaluru. The UFP will be delivered through 8 months of classroom teaching, followed by a 2-month internship placement. It will be conducted in the candidate’s particular internship organization locations.
Graduate, Post Graduate students and Research Fellows can also find more fellowship articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
IIHS Fellowship encourages people with disabilities, women candidates and socio-economically excluded communities. Application for IIHS Fellowship releases on the official website of IIHS. The application process will start from 16 March 2023. Therefore, eligible candidates can fill the form and apply for this fellowship on or before 24th April 2023. The article below provides complete information about IIHS Fellowship.
IIHS Urban Fellows Program 2023-24
Applications for the IIHS Urban Fellowship Program (UFP) can be made online or by mail. IIHS is a national institute of Education located in Bengaluru. It is committed to the efficient, sustainable and equitable transformation of Indian settlements. UFP is part of this commitment to creating a supportive teaching and learning environment. It introduces diverse forms of urban practice by combining classroom-based learning, working in live projects, external internships and site-based application of learning.
IIHS aims to provide an open, safe, diverse and enabling environment. IIHS is implementing its curriculum framework in full-time teaching at UFP. It also expects the highest standards of ethics in the personal and professional interactions of Fellows. It also supports candidates with limited English speaking ability. The UFP enables candidates to understand issues of the Global South from multiple disciplinary perspectives. Young talented scholars wishing to enter the urban sector can learn from the UFP practice. UFP also enables fellows to develop skills to understand, analyze and identify urbanization issues in India.
IIHS Fellowship Overview
|steering body||Indian Institute of Human Settlements (IIHS)|
|name of fellowship||IIHS Fellowship|
|award||Selected candidates will receive a stipend for tuition fees and daily living expenses|
|Last date for submission of application form||24 April 2023|
IIHS Fellowship Dates
|Start of Application||16 March 2023|
|Last date for submission of application form||April 24, 2023 (Friday 11:59 pm, IST)|
|Contact selected candidates to fix time and date of interview||3rd week of May 2023|
|Notify selected and waitlisted candidates||Last week of June 2023|
IIHS Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for RGNF:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates should have basic proficiency in reading English.
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- The age of the candidate should not be more than 30 years at the time of starting the programme.
- Candidates born on or after 1st August 1990 are eligible.
- Candidates who have completed non-degree training and certification programs after class 12th are also eligible.
- Candidates without any formal Education after class 12th can also apply, preferably in urban areas with formal or informal work experience.
- Candidates holding OCI card are not eligible.
- Citizens of Nepal with valid ID proof like Nepali passport or citizen certificate or voter ID card are also eligible.
IIHS Fellowship Selection Process
Selection for IIHS Fellowship is made on the basis of applications received and personal interview. Depending on the total number of applications approximately 100 to 150 candidates will be shortlisted for interview. In the interview, an assessment is conducted to analyze the candidate’s statement of purpose and motivation. Interviews will be conducted in person or via Skype. They may also conduct telephonic interviews in exceptional circumstances.
The final decision for admission will be made on the basis of written application and interview scores. All fellows seeking admission will have to deposit a refundable amount of Rs. 20,000. So that they can secure their admission. On successful completion of the fellowship, the deposit will be refunded. However, a candidate who has financial needs may request a waiver of the deposit amount. This will be considered only if the candidate mentions it in the admit card.
UFP is responsible for awarding scholarships to all candidates who gain admission. But, after reviewing their financial needs, are unable to pay program tuition. That is why this program is need-blind. A candidate’s selection and admission to the program will not be affected by their ability to pay.
IIHS Fellowship Benefits
IIHS Fellowship offers the following IIHS Fellowship salary to selected candidates:
- Candidates will receive 8 months of classroom tuition which includes accommodation, internet access, housekeeping services, meals and a central laundry facility. This will be followed by a 2 month internship placement.
- Selected candidates will get exemption in tuition fees.
- Candidates who have significant financial need will receive a stipend for daily living expenses.
- Admitted candidates will enjoy free shared accommodation for the programme.
IIHS Fellowship Application Process
Application for the IIHS Fellowship program is released online on the official website of IIHS. Candidates can fill and submit the application on 19th April 2020. Candidates can also submit the application in offline mode by post. Candidates should read the instructions carefully before filling the IIHS application. Make sure to have all the required documents before filling the IIHS Fellowship application form. Check out the points given below to apply for IIHS Fellowship Program.
- Visit the official website of IIHS.
- Register yourself by entering name, email ID and password.
- After registration, login and fill correct information in the application form.
- Enter your basic personal and educational information, work or internship or volunteer experience, if any.
- Submit the application along with documents online or by post to the address given below
IIHS Bengaluru City Campus, 2nd Main Road,
No. 197/36, Sadashivnagar,
Bangalore – 560080.
IIHS Fellowship Fee
Admitted candidates will have to pay a tuition fee of Rs 1.75 lakh (including GST) for the entire program of UFP 2023-24. This amount will be payable in three installments throughout the year. There is a discount of 10% for candidates making a single payment at the beginning of the program. This fee covers the travel costs of the UFP as well as expenses on local and intercity travel for practical and hands-on projects.
Documents Required for IIHS Fellowship
Upload scanned copies of required documents along with the fellowship application. Following is the list of documents required to apply for IIHS Fellowship.
- Candidate’s personal statement
- Essay of up to 400 words about your descriptive and analytical ability
- Candidates have preparation of audio-visual material which is in line with the uploaded application
- Any other information the candidate would like to provide up to 200 words
- Work sample in text, audio files, portfolio or visual media formats
- Names and contact information of two academic or professional references
IIHS Fellowship Contact Details
In case of any queries related to IIHS Fellowship, contact on details given below:
email id – [email protected]Phone – +91 99012 55788/96064 84336
FAQs on IIHS Fellowship
What is IIHS Fellowship?
IIHS Fellowship Program is an initiative of the Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS). This program offers Urban Fellows Program (UFP) to bachelor degree holders.
What is the Urban Fellows Program (UFP)?
UFP is a scholarship-based full-time, inter-disciplinary and residential fellowship conducted for 10 months. This fellowship is based at IIHS City Campus Bengaluru. The UFP will be delivered through 8 months of classroom teaching, followed by a 2-month internship placement. It will be conducted in the candidate’s particular internship organization locations.
Is IIHS Fellowship available to all state candidates?
Yes, it is available to recent graduates and talented professionals from various educational backgrounds across India.
What are the starting and ending dates for IIHS Fellowship application submission?
IIHS Fellowship application starting date is March 16, 2023. Whereas the last date to submit IIHS Fellowship application is 24th April 2023.
Is IIHS Fellowship applicable in both online and offline mode?
Yes, IIHS Fellowship can be applied for both online and by post.
We hope this article will help you in getting more information about IIHS Fellowship. If you have any queries related to IIHS Fellowship, drop it in the comment box to contact us.