Business Management Courses in Canada: Management is embedded in the everyday life of a business entity. Be it managing finances, managing employees or managing assets of an enterprise, its role is wide-ranging. In today’s competitive world, where the resources of the entire world are united to make the best of it, management works as a binding force in the management of these resources. In the age of globalization, the entire world is integrated into one nation and hence resources are shared globally.
People from one country are moving to another country for better opportunities related to Education, job, business etc. Similarly, Canada has become a center of attraction for management students. With a wide range of courses to choose from and easy access to student visas, Canada has become one of the favorite choices of students dreaming of studying abroad.
In this article, we have covered the various management courses available to you in Canada along with the admission process, course duration, fee details, career options and the average salary available to you after the course. so let’s get started.
Know more about other types of course details stream wise and category wise.
Why do Business Management course in Canada?
Vocational courses in Canada have gained popularity in recent years and there is a reason behind it. Canada ranks among some of the world’s greatest universities. Canadian universities not only have the best infrastructure and teaching faculty for the students, but they also have modern facilities and an updated curriculum to ensure the growth of the students.
Here is a list of reasons why you should choose Canada for a business management course:
- great job opportunities
- easy student visa
- Affordable fees with great scholarship options
- quality learning experience
- excellent infrastructure
- full return on investment
- Global ranking of universities
- peaceful environment
- low cost of living
- global exposure
Business management courses in Canada can be classified into undergraduate courses and masters courses in business management.
Following is the list of Business Management UG courses in Canada. Internal students can choose any one course of their choice to study.
- BBA (Management and International Business)
- Bachelor of Management
- B.Com (Finance and Business Law)
- B.Com in Management
- B.Com in Business Analytics
- B.Com in HR
- B.Sc in Agribusiness Management
- Bachelor of Management (Business Economics)
- B.Com (Entrepreneurship and Innovation)
- Bachelor of Management and Organizational Studies
- International Bachelor of Business Administration
- Candidates must have passed 12th class with minimum 70% marks from a recognized board.
- Candidates who have completed Business Management Diploma in Canada can also apply for UG courses.
- Candidates must have English as a compulsory subject in class 12th and minimum 65% marks in the subject
- Candidates must have qualified IELTS, TOEFL and PTE
- The required score in IELTS, TOEFL and PTE varies from institute to institute. However, the average score is:
- IELTS – 6.5/9
- TOEFL- 100/120
- PTE- 65
Duration of the Course:
Full-time graduate programs in business management are generally 4-year programs divided into 8 semesters. However, the duration varies from course to course and college to college. For example, BBA in Management from the University of Toronto is a 4-year program while BBA from the University of Montreal is a 3-year program.
The fees for an undergraduate course in Business Management from Canada ranges between Rs 12 lakh to Rs 35 lakh per year. It depends on the course you choose and the institute you are doing it from.
Post Graduate Course in Business Management in Canada
Here is the list of business management postgraduate courses in Canada. You can also know about the course eligibility, duration and fees.
- Masters in Business Entrepreneurship and Technology
- M.Sc in Management
- M.Ed in Educational Leadership
- mba leadership
- Executive Masters of Business Administration
- MBA Business Analytics
- M.Sc Management
- MBA Sustainable Innovation
- MSc Marketing and Consumer Studies
- Master of Supply Chain Management
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university.
- Students must have passed IELTS or TOEFL and GMAT with required marks
- The qualifying marks in IELTS, TOEFL and GMAT vary from college to college. However, the average score is:
- IELTS- 7
- TOEFL- 100
- GMAT- 660
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of work experience to gain admission to the Master’s programme.
Duration of the Course:
Full-time master’s programs in business management are generally 2-year programs divided into 4 semesters. However, the duration varies from course to course. For example, the MBA in Management from the University of Toronto is a 2-year program while the M.Sc. There is a 1 year program in Business Analytics from the University of British Columbia.
Fees Structure of Business Management Course in Canada:
The fees for a Master’s course in Business Management from Canada ranges between Rs 15 lakh to Rs 50 lakh per year. However, it completely depends on the course and institute that you have chosen for admission.
Top Business Colleges in Canada
The top business management schools, colleges and universities in Canada are as follows:
- Ivey Business School
- Schulich School of Business
- Rotman School of Management
- Desautels Management Faculty
- Sauder School of Business
- Queen’s School of Business
- HEC Montreal
- Alberta School of Business
- Beedi School of Business
- Edwards School of Business
Below is the step-by-step admission process for Business Management courses in Canada for international students:
- Stay updated on the application deadlines of the institutions you want to apply for.
- You can get the application forms on the official websites of the universities.
- Fill the form as required with all the details mentioned.
- You need to mention your standard entrance test scores like GMAT, TOEFL etc.
- After filling the form completely, submit it.
- If selected you will receive an email from the respective university.
Students have to carry all these documents while taking admission in Business Management courses.
- Documents related to your educational records
- Your GMAT and TOEFL/IELTS scorecard.
- Bank statements and financial documents
- Documents for your work experience
- Letter of recommendation from your supervisor or manager
- Your visa documents.
Skills Required to Pursue Business Management Courses in Canada after 12th are offered here.
- good communication skills
- Fluency in English
- strong interpersonal skills
- complex problem solving ability
- Proactive and innovative approach
- ability to lead
- positive attitude
- pleasant personality
- ability to think creatively
- Ability to critically analyze the competitive business environment
Candidates who have completed this course can get the following jobs in the best companies.
- financial advisor
- accounting Manager
- general management
- Project Management
- product management
- sales management
- investment analyst
The average salary after doing a business management course in Canada is 90,000 CAD per year. However, the average salary varies depending on the course you pursue. For example, the average salary after an MBA in Canada is 110,000 CAD per year, whereas if you have done an Executive MBA program, your average salary could be 155,000 CAD per year.
1. Which is the best business course in Canada?
Business courses like BBA, Bachelor in Business Analytics, MBA, Masters in Business and Executive MBA are among the best business courses in Canada.
2. Is doing MBA from Canada better than other countries like Singapore?
Yes. Getting an MBA from Canada is definitely a better option than most countries including Singapore. However, your preference in choosing the country where you want to work plays an important role in selecting the country to pursue the course.
3. Which management courses are in demand in Canada?
Management courses like Project Management, Advanced Manufacturing Management, Business Analytics, International Business Management and Logistics and Supply Chain Management are among the popular in-demand courses in Canada.
4. Is it hard to get a student visa for Canada?
No, a major advantage of studying in Canada is the ease of obtaining a student visa. It usually takes up to 12 weeks or 90 days to obtain a student visa for Canada.
in this article Business Management Courses in Canada, We have included every information you need to proceed with your application. The article covers various business management courses available in Canada, their application process, duration, eligibility criteria for various undergraduate and postgraduate courses, average fees and career options. We sincerely hope that this article will be useful to you in some way. However, if you have any questions regarding the article, feel free to write to us in the comments below. Also, stay tuned to our website for more informative articles.