Architecture courses after 12th science: Architecture courses included arts, sciences and designing skills. Some people think that architecture is limited only to the construction of buildings, but architects do a lot of work related to the development of the building, its infrastructure, design, interior and much more.
Architecture courses after 12th in India mainly focus on capability development of students in the field of architecture. This course creates various opportunities for students in both government and private sectors. Now, let us take a detailed look at Architecture courses after 12th Science in this article below.
Complete List of Architecture Courses after 12th Science
Bachelor courses are available for you after 12th. There are some diploma or certificate courses also available which you can easily do after 12th Science. Here, you can find the list of diploma and undergraduate courses in architecture that can be used to study after class 12.
Undergraduate course in Architecture after 12th class
Undergraduate courses are for 5 years. Since there is huge demand for the courses, the opportunities arising from it are also high. Here, you can see the list of undergraduate courses in Architecture:
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Construction Technology
- Bachelor of Architecture in Building and Construction Management
- Bachelor of Architecture in Landscape Architecture
- Bachelor of Planning (B.Plan)
Diploma courses offer a diploma certificate after completion of the architecture course. These can be completed in a maximum period of 3 years. Here are some of the defined courses:
- Diploma in Architectural Assistantship
- Diploma in Construction Management (DCM)
- Diploma in Architectural Engineering
Certificate Course in Architecture
Certificate courses are available for a duration of 6 to 12 months. If you are interested in getting any kind of recognition for architecture then you can do certificate courses. Some of these courses are described here:
- Certificate Course 3D Architectural Visualization (CCID)
- Certificate Course 3D Interior Design Visualization (CCIDV)
Eligibility for Architecture after 12th Science
The eligibility criteria for Architecture courses are different for all the pre-determined courses. You can find the detailed eligibility criteria for Architecture courses after 12th Science below:
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
- You must have completed 12th with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board.
- You must have studied Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics in class 12th.
- Admission will be on both entrance and merit basis.
- You must attempt National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA), JEE Main (Paper-II), WBJEE, JEE Advanced, AMUEEE, or any other entrance exam and pass it with good grades.
Bachelor of Planning (B.Plan)
- The course requires a certificate in the relevant field with minimum 50% marks.
- According to the university you want to take admission in, you must have cleared the entrance exam as notified by those universities.
Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Construction Management)
- You must have studied 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subject.
- You must have obtained an average of 60% marks in class 12th.
- Colleges have their own eligibility criteria for this specific program.
title of map maker [B.ARCH] (landscape Architecture)
- At least 50% marks in class 12th are required
- The subjects should be from science areas like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- NATA and BITSAT are the main exams for this course.
title of map maker [B.Arch] (building technology)
- You must have passed 12th class with at least 60% marks.
- PCM should be mandatory for admission in various universities.
- You may have attempted entrance exams and aptitude tests are required by universities
Students must have passed 10+2 with Science stream with Mathematics from any recognized board with at least 50% marks.
For certificate course, you must have passed 12th class with minimum 50% marks. Also, you must have studied Science and Mathematics as main subjects.
There are many colleges available all over India for Architecture. You can choose any college as per your suitability. Thus, you can review the best colleges here:
- CEPT University
- NIT Trichy
- School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
- IIT Roorkee
- BIT Mesra
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
- IIT Kharagpur
- Sir JJ College of Architecture, Mumbai
- Jadavpur University
- Chandigarh College of Architecture
A bachelor’s degree in architecture does not have a heavy-duty structure. You can easily complete the degree in the range of Rs 2,00,000 – 4,00,000.
Career opportunities are available at a high level and will increase in the near future. You must have seen the development of villages, development of malls, hospitals, schools and other infrastructural buildings, all this would not have been possible without architecture.
Thus companies are waiting for highly skilled architects and offer them job roles related to:
- Architecture and Engineering Manager
- civil Engineers
- industrial designer
- construction and building inspector
- interior designers
- building manager
After 12th class in science, you can pursue a bachelor’s degree then you are eligible for various job opportunities. Various companies that hire architects at the entry level offer them a salary of Rs 5 LPA to Rs 8 LPA.
FAQ on Architecture courses after 12th science
1. Can architecture be studied online after 12th degree?
Answer. Yes, there are many institutes that offer online architecture courses. But they are short-lived because they will not provide you with a graduate degree. Especially for a bachelor’s degree in architecture, you have to go through a proper educational process.
Answer. Bachelor course can be completed in 5 years. There are some courses which can be completed in 3 years. However, certificate and diploma courses can be completed in a shorter period of time.
Answer. B.Arch requires a lot of hard work and dedication from day one. But after the course is completed, there are amazing rewards waiting for you. And if you study with determination then any course is easy for you.
Architecture is an interesting course. This course includes a lot of practical learning. It is an interesting option to pursue your career in this field. Visit our official website to know more about Architecture courses NCERT Books. Guru Also, ask your doubts regarding Architecture courses after 12th Science in the comment section below.