Change Photo in Aadhar Card : If you’re an Indian citizen, chances are you have an Aadhaar card – a government-issued identity proof that contains your biometric and demographic data. While most of the information on your Aadhaar card can be updated online, changing your photo requires a visit to an official Aadhaar enrolment center.
In this blog, we will guide you through the process of updating your Aadhaar card photo and share other important information such as how to download the updated Aadhaar card.
It’s always a good practice to keep your government documents up-to-date, so if you need to make any changes to your Aadhaar card, follow our step-by-step instructions on how to change the photo on your Aadhaar card.
The Aadhaar card is a mandatory document in India that can be used to prove your identity, so make sure your information is accurate and up-to-date.
Aadhar Card Photo Change
Changing the photo on your Aadhaar card is a simple process, but it must be done offline. Here’s how you can do it step-by-step:
- First, find the nearest Aadhaar Permanent Enrolment Centre. You can use the Locate an Enrolment Center feature on the official UIDAI website to find it.
- Once you reach the Centre, collect the Aadhaar enrolment form or download it from the official website.
- Fill in all the necessary information in the form.
- Hand over the form to the Aadhaar executive and provide your biometric details.
- The executive will take your photograph.
- The biometric details will need to be provided for approval.
- Pay a fee of Rs.100 to update the biometrics details on the Aadhaar.
- Once you have submitted all the documents and paid the fee, you will receive an acknowledgement slip that includes the Update Request Number (URN). This number can be used to check the status of your request.
- No additional documents are required to update the photograph on the Aadhaar card.
- It may take up to 90 days for your request to be processed.
Remember, you cannot change your photograph online. You will have to visit the Aadhaar Permanent Enrolment Centre to make any changes to your biometric information or photograph. By following these simple steps, you can easily update your Aadhaar card photograph.
How to Download and Updated Aadhaar Card
Here are the steps to download your updated Aadhaar card after your photo change request is processed:
Step 1: Visit the official Aadhaar website at https://uidai.gov.in/
Step 2: Click on the ‘My Aadhaar’ section
Step 3: Click on the ‘Download Aadhaar’ option or visit https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
Step 4: Click on ‘Download Aadhaar‘
Step 5: Enter your Aadhaar Number, Enrolment ID, or Virtual ID on the next page
Step 6: Enter the captcha and click on ‘Send OTP’
Step 7: Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and select the checkbox if you want a Masked Aadhaar card
Step 8: Click on ‘Verify & Download’ to download a PDF of your e-Aadhaar card
Note: You can download either a normal Aadhaar card or a Masked Aadhaar card. After the update, you will also need to refresh your Aadhaar details in the mAadhaar app and update Aadhaar data in the DigiLocker app.
The Main point to Aadhaar Card Update
Here’s a unique and easy-to-follow guide on changing your photo on your Aadhaar Card:
Step 1: Unfortunately, you cannot change your Aadhaar photo online. You need to visit the Aadhaar Permanent Enrolment Centre.
Step 2: Find the nearest Aadhaar Permanent Enrolment Centre. You can find the nearest centre by using the ‘Locate an Enrolment Centre’ option on the official website of UIDAI.
Step 3: Once you have located the centre, visit it and collect the Aadhaar enrolment form. You can also download the form from the UIDAI website.
Step 4: Fill in the Aadhaar enrolment form with all the relevant details.
Step 5: Submit the form to the Aadhaar executive and provide your biometric details. They will also take your photo using a webcam on the spot.
Step 6: Pay a fee of Rs. 100 to the Aadhaar executive to update your details.
Step 7: After submitting all the documents, you will receive an acknowledgement slip with a URN (Update Request Number) mentioned on it.
Step 8: It may take up to 90 days for the update to reflect on your Aadhaar. You can check the status of your Aadhaar update using the URN provided in the Acknowledgement Slip.
Note: You do not need to submit any documents or photographs for updating the photo on your Aadhaar. Also, there is no online process to change the photo on your Aadhaar through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).
You can also Read:
How to Download the Updated Aadhaar Card Online?
Here are the steps you need to follow to download your Aadhaar card online and some important points to keep in mind while updating your Aadhaar card photo:
Steps to Download Aadhaar Card Online:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Click on the ‘My Aadhaar’ section and select ‘Download Aadhaar’.
- Enter your Aadhaar number or enrolment number or virtual ID and the security code.
- Click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Complete the survey and click on ‘Verify and Download’ to download the e-Aadhaar card online.
Important Points to Keep in Mind for Aadhaar Card Photo Update:
- You don’t need to submit any documents to update your Aadhaar card photo.
- Aadhaar card photo cannot be updated online. An Aadhaar executive present at the Aadhaar Sewa Kendra will take your photograph and update your Aadhaar card on the spot.
- It may take up to 90 days for the information on the Aadhaar card to be updated.
- You can use the URN number to check the status of your Aadhaar update online.